Sunday, October 2, 2011

Leopard Print with Flowers + Experiment


Saw a make up bag at Forever21 with a leopard and rose print and quite liked it so I thought I would try it out on my nails.  Not super in love with it because of the decals I used.  Probably would have been better if I had painted on the roses.

Base colour is Ardene Barely There, used Color Club Soft As Cashmere for the stamping colour and plate m57 for the print.  Was feeling lazy so I used water decals instead of painting.

-----


Sorry for the dry looking hands picture above. From the Korean blog 달빛샤워의 Coffee Break :: 네이버 블로그 there was a scan from a Korean nail magazine that featured using plastic wrap to I guess smoosh around the polish.  I'm not too sure but that's what it looked like from the pictures.  Here's a link to the blog post with the scans, you'll have to scroll down to see the tutorial.

It looks alright, but it's  kind of bothersome to do.  Basically paint the nail, dab on some dots of colour, place a piece of plastic wrap over the nail and move it around a bit, remove plastic wrap let dry a bit and then put on top coat so it blends the colours a bit.

Here's another version that I did with different colours.


Did the same thing as above but I added some starry glitter top coat and some rhinestones which were a misstep.  Will probably continue to practice this until I am happy with the way it looks or just give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment