Monday, April 4, 2011

Some Crafty Goodness

On Saturday I met up with my friend Selene for dinner and she gifted me a pack of loose papers from The Paper Place along with some blank cards as a belated birthday gift. There were lots of cool Japanese papers and different textured card stock paper. Inspiration hit and I did some simple crafts.


First up is a card featuring a Kokeshi type doll/figure made with some Japanese paper with fans printed on for the body, black felt for the hair and the face was a pinkish recycled paper. Drew the eyes with a black marker, the blush was a pink eyeshadow that I had close by and the lips were done with a franken polish. That same polish was used for the petals/hearts falling from the tree and nail polish was also used to paint the tree. Everything was done freehanded without much thought to it so it was done fairly quickly.

The bookmark was also made with Japanese paper. I just glued it to a green textured card stock, punched a flower shaped hole out and strung through some ribbon. I think I'll need to get a spray varnish to protect the bookmark in case it gets wet.

It took less than half an hour to do both projects, so super easy.



Change purse with keyring. Saw a tutorial on how to sew this little baggie here - Noodlehead: Zippy Wallet Tutorial. This is an improvement over my last cardholder/keyring thing I sewed two years ago. I'm missing the button right now, but will be added soon. Love it 'cause there's a card slot up front and zippered part for money or whatever to go in. Will definitely be getting a lot of use out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment