Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fishy New Year


I think this is a new and improved version of my old fish mani. Goldfishes and lotuses for good luck in the new year. A little googling let me know that a child holding a goldfish and a lotus flower is a symbol of an "abundance of gold and harmony"(1). Technically not holding the fish or the flower and also I'm technically not a child, but I still get red packets and having the two on my nails seems just as good.

Sponged on Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Marine Blue, a minty franken and Sally Hansen Xtreme-wear White On. Stamped the lotus from Konad plate m66 with pastel pink special polish. Was thinking about colouring in the lotus flower, but decided I liked it better with just a hint of pink, but I could paint it in later on. Lily pads were from the same plate and used Konad Princess Polish in green. The goldfishes were done with a 3D acrylic mold. Super messy on my left hand, but neater on my right. Was a bit out of practice when doing my left hand and then got the hang of it again when doing my right. Love the black, orange/red and white fishes, but best fish is the one on my right thumb. Least favourite fish is the gold one. In the picture, it looks more golden, but in real life it's like a dull mustard colour. Might take it off and replace it with a different one.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment